Buyer, Procurement Specialist, Business Development Consultant
3430 Locust Lane Cincinnati, OH 45238 (513) 678-5862 firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Sales and Buyer consultant with exceptional proven experience in leadership management, project management, data mining, international commodities procurement, analytical assessment and problem solving methodologies. Able to use bidding and negotiations to leverage cost savings. Experience using SAP, MAPICS, Infor, Powerlink, Peoplesoft, and ERP systems within FDA regulated and ISO certified environments. Excellent interpersonal skills that influence and develop relationships with customers & suppliers for mutual benefit. Seeking a partnership within a progressive organization that will enhance my leadership & technical skills to further business initiatives.
TIER ONE PAYMENT PROCESSING
Business Development Consultant (4/2013 – Present)
- Lead consultant for researching, assessing and promoting Tier I & Tier II suppliers as possible clients for fortune 500 companies including Minority Owned Business.
- Manage client support on mitigating terminal or systems errors in order to expedite system recovery.
- Benchmark client successes and standardize processes for future process improvement.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential clients by developing specific segment marketing strategies.
MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE, INC.
Buyer (4/2012 – 3/2013)
- Lead buyer for negotiating contracts for biological components for manufacturing of diagnostic kits.
- Managed and established supplier relationships consistent with the company’s Quality System requirements.
- Analyzed bids, Obtained quotations, and Negotiated purchases of specific serums validated through the Quality Assurance department.
- Processed purchase requisitions from manufacturing and issued purchase orders to approved vendors, such as Biokit S.A., Fisher Scientific, Jackson Immuno, and Diagnostic Hybrids.
- Manage, track and navigate purchasing, pricing, and inventory records utilizing the MAPICS system.
- Managed selection process for clinical trial materials, which determined the plastic pipette used for diagnostic kits.
- Managed marketing and R&D team through project deliverables to ensure project successful completion.
- Maintained all Purchasing records and documents in a manner consistent with FDA-GMP and ISO-Guidelines.
- Complied with FDA, QSR, ISO and Accounting regulations as required.
- Researched and Monitored market information to compare and investigate new sources of supply for production needs.
- Obtained a successful purchase order with Sigma Aldrich, resulting in a cost savings of approx. $100,000.
- Collaborated with R&D, Lab production, Accounting, and Quality Assurance to Author & Revise purchasing Operating Procedures.
- Trained employees on new processes to reform department procedures, improving department efficiency.
CINCINNATI CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Research Buyer (10/2010 – 4/2012)
- Analyzed pricing, market trends, availability of supplies, new products, competitors, and supplier reliability to devise cost saving strategies and influence customer purchase decisions.
- Compiled special reports on procurement activities to track performance and goals.
- Reviewed customer requisitions using Oracle PeopleSoft electronic procurement system to determine method of purchase and procure requested supplies and equipment.
- Insured follow through from delivery of purchased goods and invoice payment.
- Processed new vendors and updated current vendor data, products, and pricing.
- Proactively prevented customer errors through user education and promotion of proper user processes.
- Developed and maintained accurate information on material sources via regular contact with sources of supply, including manufacturers’ sales representatives, contractors, and vendors.
- Managed, tracked, and resolved match exception discrepancies between Accounts Payable and outside vendors.
- Championed fiscal responsibility with goal of increasing hospital capability.
PROCTER & GAMBLE
Order Management Analyst (1/2010 - 10/2010)
- Managed customer inventory needs and ensured product availability through allocation of P&G finished goods.
- Collaborated with Sales, Logistics, carriers, and plants to deliver results measured on time and inventory capability.
- Maintained sensitive business relationships with P&G customers to ensure the movement of P&G finished goods.
- Tracked movement of finished products from manufacturing plants to customer warehouses.
- Revised and updated U.S. P&G Shipping Sites map for organization use to accurately reflect recent business restructure.
Fabric & Home Care Blow Molding Purchases Co-op (12/2008 - 12/2009)
- Earned 60% increase to $450 MM in responsibility with Fabric Care operations after success with Home Care duties.
- Created, updated, and verified Scheduling Agreements for product manufacturing using SAP.
- Coordinated initiative progress between initiative planners, purchases managers, supplier representatives, and company accounting agents for Fabric & Home Care new product bottles.
- Created Purchase Orders for production devices needed for company goods and supplier scrapping of unused materials.
- Prepared new material information for company accounting and supplier needs using CSS specifications.
- Executed material price updates for price changes due to market volatility and contractual modifications.
- Monitoring and tracking material price changes related to current market value to obtain company savings.
- Coordinating price change management between Blow Molding and Resin Groups.
- Management of supplier relationships for the purpose of increased data control and flow of information key to business.
- Managed, tracked, and resolved blocked invoice discrepancies between company and outside suppliers using SAP.
- Developed a NA Home Care Resin Route to analyze & optimize resin supply chain for Business Continuity Plan in case of natural or civil disruption.
CINCINNATI CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Marketing & Communication Web Intern (9/2008 - 12/2008)
- Created and updated Web Biography pages for CCHMC faculty and staff for company website.
- Managed web display information for seasonal changes to CCHMC gift shop.
- Project management for development of smart forms for organizations hosting children with disabilities summer camps.
- Created and edited metadata for CCHMC website resulting in increased search optimization.
CINCINNATI USA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Marketing & Communication Intern (7/2008 - 9/2008)
- Authored newspaper articles, blurbs, short stories, and press releases for various Chamber communication vehicles .
- Assisted in organization of Oktoberfest John Morrell “Running of the Wieners” resulting in 50% increase of participants.
- Tracked and managed communication for HYPE (Harnessing Young Professional Energy) database.
- Assembled Oktoberfest media kits for media and business stakeholders.
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
Marketing & Communication Office Student Worker (1/2008-12/2008)
CITY OF CINCINNATI
Clerk of City Council Intern (9/2006 - 6/2007)
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI Bachelor of Arts in Communication- Public Relations concentration - 2010
- Jack Greishaber Scholarship Recipient
- Darwin T. Turner Scholarship Recipient
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI INVOLVEMENT
SIGMA SIGMA- Prestigious men’s honorary fraternity based on leadership and campus/community involvement
Vice President, Assistant Carnival Chairman
THE DYNASTY CLUB- Campus/Local community based organization
Founder, President, Treasurer
CAMPUS WIDE EVENTS- Student Government Committee