11619 Greenhaven Court 513.825.2277
Cincinnati, OH 45251 email@example.com
Committed, goal-driven operations and logistics manager accomplished in supply and demand planning, distribution requirements planning, and inventory control. Superior trainer and mentor with a strong background developing and delivering high-impact training programs. Leader and military veteran respected for offering sound judgment in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
Areas of Expertise
YELLOW ROADWAY CORPORATION, Cleveland and Cincinnati, OH
Oct. 1999 – Present
Sr. Operations Supervisor
- Rose through the ranks to become lead supervisor in 2000, and promoted regularly since then.
- Scrutinize operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Determine operations policies, including safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with other managers, or staff members, to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with bargaining unit employees.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
RESTORATION COMPANY OF AMERICA, Cincinnati, OH
Oct. 1994 – Dec. 1995
- Acid-washed the building fronts and performed general masonry duties for a local commercial restoration company.
- Served as a member of a five-man crew.
UNITED STATES ARMY, Fort Campbell, KY and Germany
July 1990 – Aug. 1994
Material Control and Accounting Specialist
- Upon completing Boot Camp, attended Advanced Individual Training, Fort Lee, VA. I attended the instructional training for the Material Control and Accounting Course and completed as an Honors Graduate and was placed in the Fast Track Program.
- Transferred to Furth, Germany. Title was Material Control and Accounting Specialist. Oversaw separating, identifying, and unloading stock, as well as processing bills of lading for parts and materials.
- Promoted and earned several awards and Certificates of Achievement for performance before, during, and after Operations Desert Shield/Storm. While in Southwest Asia, I relocated a divisional level facility that supported over 24,000 personnel on three separate occasions, and managed and maintained 100 percent accountability of parts valued at $5 million dollars.
- Served as a Material Control and Accounting Specialist in Miesea, Germany. Supervised and trained up to 12 people for a turn-in area that supported over 12,000 personnel throughout the European Command. Handled air freight and dispatched of parts and materials worth more than $3.5M.
- Promoted and earned a Certificate of Achievement and an Army Commendation Medal.
- Served as Material Control and Accounting Specialist in Fort Campbell, KY. Supervised and trained up to eight people for a receiving area in a warehouse distribution environment. Accountable for separating, identifying, and unloading stock, storage areas, and processing bills of lading for parts and materials. Reported to supervisors for a divisional level facility that supported more than 24,000 personnel.
- Assigned as Special Project Coordinator for the rapid deployment area that practiced just in time distribution (JTD). In this capacity, directly accountable for location surveys, inventories, and researching material denials.
Education & Training
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, GPA: 3.56
Truck Load / LTL / Cartage
Just In Time (JIT)
HAZMET, Health & Safety
Computer: Word and Excel