Human Resources Manager
1527 Vancross Court
Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
A results driven, hands-on, human resources generalist, with over fifteen years of management experience in a variety of industries from hi-tech to financial services. I take a proactive, cost conscience approach to managing the human resources function while maximizing internal customer satisfaction by demonstrating skills in leadership, partnering, coaching, analysis, and teamwork to achieve the organization’s business objectives. I have an excellent range of managing human resources and recruiting in start-up, midsize, and fortune 100 companies.
Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati Ohio 2/2002 – 7/2016
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Vice President, Talent Acquisition Leader (1/2008 – Present)
Lead and develop innovative recruitment strategies for all levels of talent acquisition within the Information Technology, Investment Operations, Central Operations, Credit, Risk, and Consumer Divisions. Develop implement and administer the employment, placement, transfer and promotion procedures to ensure consistency and fairness across the organizations. Lead/Manage the recruitment process to maximize Fifth Third’s ability to source, attract, hire, retain and promote qualified applicants.
- · Achieved Top Recruiting Region 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012
- · Lead major IT & Risk Recruiting initiatives 2015
- · Won Recruiting innovation contest “Ignite Your Curiosity” 2012
- · Achieved 4.80 Employee Engagement Score 2012 & 4.85 in 2011
- · Team won GFE/Diversity Contest 2011
- · Team won 3 Line of Business Recognition Awards (Clip Award) 2011
- · Received “Best Team Player” Award in 2011
- · Received “Reaching for Excellent” Award in 2011
- · Successfully managed an IT Staff Augmentation Project in 2010 saving the Division approximately $500,000
- · Successfully coordinated a high profile corporate Mortgage Staffing Initiative in 2010
- · Managed the placement of approximately 1200 positions in 2010 or 127 per Recruiting FTE an 8% increase
- · Team achieved 4.54 Hiring Manager/Recruiter satisfaction in 2010 a 6% increase
- · Managed the placement of approximately 1300 full time positions in 2009 or 117 per Recruiting FTE
- · Managed the placement of approximately 350 Temp. positions in 2009
- · Team received the 2009 HR Teamwork and Collaboration Award
- · Raised customer satisfaction levels by approximately 10% in 2008
Assistant Vice President, Employee Relations Consultant, (6/2004 – 1/2008)
As a strategic business partner provided consultative human resources expertise to Central Operations Management for up to 1600 exempt/non-exempt bank operation employees. Managed the highest ER caseload. Mentored and trained 3 Employee Relations Consultants. Coached and counseled managers on employee performance issues, counseled employees, investigated and resolved employee complaints, conducted discrimination/harassment investigations, facilitated harassment prevention training, participated in new hire orientation, provided policy interpretation, and represented the company in unemployment cases.
- · Received three “ER Employee of the Month Award” - April 2005, February 2007, and October 2007
- · Investigated and resolved over 1400 employee relations issues in two years
- · COO ER received the highest HR customer satisfaction scores three years in a row
Officer (AC), Human Resources Relationship Manager (8/2003 – 6/2004)
Strategic business partner to the Merchant Services department of FTPS. Merchant Services employed approximately 225 direct sales, third party sales, and relationship management professions nationwide. Provided leadership in the development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives and process improvements that supported the business objectives of the division. Provided effective and timely consultative services to the executive management team. Coached and collaborated with leaders to provide the tools needed to be effective in selecting and leading people, talent management, rewards and recognition, performance management.
- · Managed the HR portion of FTPS’s third party retail sales organization divestiture
Officer (AC, Senior Human Resources Relationship Manager (9/2002 – 8/2003)
Strategic business partner to the Information Technology (IT) Division. The IT Division employed, approximately 930 IT professionals in Cincinnati, OH; Grand Rapids, MI; St. Petersburg, FL; and Milwaukee, WI. Provided leadership in the development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives and process improvements that support the business objectives of the divisions. Provided effective and timely consultative services to the executive management team.
- · Lead/Managed the recruitment and placement of over 290 IT professionals in ten months
- · Improved IT recruiting results by 105% in 1st Quarter 2003, and 108% in 2nd Quarter 2003
- · Developed an IT recruiting Process, including an Employee Referral Program & Diversity Recruiting Guide
- · Partnered with IT management to maintain one of the company’s lowest divisional turnover rates - 10%
- · Established and facilitated IT Strategic Leadership Planning Summit
Human Resources Relationship Manager (2/2002 – 9/2002)
Strategic business partner to the Information Technology (IT) Division. Partnered with IT Management to provide all HR generalist duties such as coaching managers on performance management, employee relations, and resolve payroll and benefit issues.
- Lead a committee to successfully automate / streamline a corrective counseling program company wide
Mitsubishi Wireless Communications, Inc., Duluth Georgia 3/2000 – 12/2001
Specialized in the research, development, and sales of cell phones and employed approximately 190 employees plus 50 temporary workers in Duluth, GA and San Diego, CA.
Manager, Corporate Human Resources and Administration – A strategic business partner to the executive management team. Directed the development, implementation, administration and budgeting for all human resources initiatives. Duties included development and implementation of corporate policies and practices, strategic staffing, workforce planning, employee relations, talent management, organizational development, training, performance management, compensation, rewards and recognition, payroll, HRIS (Ceridian), vendor management, benefits, equal employment opportunity, and health and safety services programs and served as the corporate philanthropy advisor.
- Recruited a technical team that successfully designed the first profitable cell phone for the company
- Developed and implemented a wage/salary administration program
- Managed the company closure
Home Wireless Networks, Inc., Norcross, Georgia 3/1998 – 3/2000
A Voice and Data hi-tech start-up that employed over 150 employees in the United States and United Kingdom.
Director of Employment Services - Developed and managed all strategic staffing initiatives. Managed the selection process, recruiting, and supervised of one recruiter in the sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessment, background investigations, drug screening, and final selection of qualified candidates into the organization. Other duties include vendor management, college relations, employee relations, coaching managers, benefit administration, new-hire orientation, compensation surveys, wrote job descriptions, designed employment ads, and conducted exit interviews.
- Personally recruited and hired 100 hi-tech employees in the US and UK in the first year
- Developed company employment and search firm management process
- Developed an automated applicant tracking and staffing requisition system
- Developed relocation policies for US and UK
Georgia-Pacific, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia 5/1995 – 3/1998
One of the world's leading manufacturers and distributors of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals, employing more than 80,000 people at 500 facilities.
Manager, Group Staffing - College Relations and Administrative Staffing - Responsible for planning, developing and managing a nationwide college recruiting and relations program, managed headquarters administrative staffing, and the companies resume tracking system (Resumix). Managed the design and implementation of a nationwide recruiting program for Engineering, Information Systems, Forestry, Accounting, Safety, Sales and Logistics, and Headquarters positions including intern/InRoads, and co-ops. Managed the scanning and verifying operation of approximately 200 resumes per day. Supervision of recruiters and Resumix support personnel. Participated in the design of the company’s hiring process. Member of the Diversity Committee. Contract Technical Recruiter (5/95 - 10/95)
- Partnered with the Engineering Division to design and implement the first centralized college recruiting program
- Achieved 120% of the college recruiting goal
- Achieved 100% intern/co-op diversity recruiting goal
- Managed the design of campus recruiting materials and the College Relation’s first Web Page
- Managed the implementation and integration of Resumix 4.1 into the hiring process
Various Temporary HR/Recruiting Assignments 1/1995 - 5/1995
Ryland Homes, Ashton Woods Homes, Thrift/Treasury Drug, Inc., and Fire Arms Training Systems
The Ryland Group, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia 6/1993 - 12/1994
One of the largest home building and mortgage companies in the USA.
Senior Human Resource Generalist, Southeast Region - The Southeast Region, a four-state area, consists of five home building divisions, eight mortgage branches, a non-union truss manufacturing plant, and a regional architectural group. Duties included managing the employment of exempt/non-exempt employees, recruiting, college relations, vendor management, training, harassment investigations, preparation of HRIS reports, compensation surveys, employee relations and coaching regional executives and management staff on all Human Resource-related issues.
- Developed and managed regional employment process
- Developed a standardized behavior based interviewing program
Thrift/Treasury Drug, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia 7/1984 - 6/1993
A wholly owned subsidiary of the JC Penney Company, and one of largest retail pharmacy chains in the USA.
Regional Personnel Manager - A strategic business partner to southeast regional executive management team. The Southern Region, a ten-state area, with approximately 1700 employees in 115 retail pharmacies, two mail-order pharmacy operation centers, and a distribution center. Coached, counseled, and partnered with regional operations executives and management team on employee relations, employee development, performance management, employee selection, legal compliance, Affirmative Action, compensation programs, and other HR related issues. Supervised Field Personnel Administrators and Operations HR staff.
- Lead the Human Resources team on major store acquisitions
- Managed the staffing and HR function for two start-up mail order pharmacy operations, staffing 350 exempt and non-exempt employees in Birmingham AL and 125 Kansas City, KS
- Developed a Store Management Evaluation Program
Clarion University, Clarion, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Inclusion Council Recruiting and Retention - Committee Co-Chair