Eric B Burdsall
Eric B. Burdsall
513.283.9590 ■ 621 Probasco Street, Cincinnati Ohio 45220 ■ firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Buyer – Logistics & Supply Chain Manager – Warehouse & Operations Manager
Strategic supply chain and logistics director with twenty years of substantial experience in procurement, logistics warehouse production, and order-fulfillment. Successful at achieving complex objectives while supporting multiple clients. Detail-oriented while maintaining focus on big-picture goals. Strong background in procurement and warehouse management operating systems (WMS/OMS). Specialization in process development, implementation, and training.
CH2MHILL Facilities Services Group – Evendale, OH 2008 – 2016
Warehouse Manager/Senior Buyer
Directed all operations for CH2M Hill warehouse in support of GE Aviation site in Evendale, Ohio.
- Managed logistical services at CH2M Hill warehouse – a facility for receiving, inspection, and redistribution of all material procured by CH2M Hill for GE Aviation.
- Researched, consulted, set up, and moved two warehouse locations.
- Created SOPs for all warehouse/distribution activities.
- Hired, coached, scheduled and monitored warehouse employees. Conducted annual performance reviews.
- Developed and maintained accurate inventory database and invoicing systems for the CH2M Hill warehouse.
- Designed specialized reports: Expected Receipts, Inventory on Hand, Billing Charge Analysis (per client/project), Shipment Notifications, Delivery Report, Returned Inventory.
- Negotiated rates and shipping arrangements with LTL, parcel, and company carriers.
- Conducted and maintained safety program and industrial vehicle training at warehouse.
- Coordinated storage, delivery, and rigging of construction materials with PMs, CMs, and various industrial contractors.
- Maintained facilities services: security systems, racking, vehicle maintenance, supply procurement, janitorial services, printers, and network systems (data/phone).
- Communicated inventory detail, scheduling, and issues with facility managers, engineers, dock personnel, EHS, and security.
Regional Buyer of Facilities Services for 23 major sites for GE Aviation Systems and Unison Industries. Total annual spend exceeding $10 M, providing approximately $1 M in cost avoidance and deflation.
- Directed buying team for Western U.S and Dayton area on facilities services projects in regards to GE Aviation and CH2MHill process and budget compliance.
- Executed competitive bidding processes for all purchases to comply with GE guidelines, quality specifications, and directives.
- Developed regional strategies utilizing buying power on major commodities (snow removal, janitorial, machine services, rigging/machine moves, HVAC service). Negotiated cost reductions and service quality improvements.
- Maintained communication with site stakeholders with real-time updates on procurement issues. Escalated, expedited, and resolved site emergencies and invoice disputes.
- Designed weekly reporting processes and formats for: dollars committed vs. billed, weekly/monthly project spends, inventory, receipts, and invoice processing.
- Served on hiring committee and conducted annual performance reviews.
Project Buyer for GE Aviation Flying Test Bed (FTB) Project. Responsible for procurement of project material necessary to develop an Engine Test Cell inside a Boeing 747, in excess of $3.5M.
- Coordinated procurement of test materials with multiple engineering teams with minimal turnover time.
- Planned and coordinated logistics between multiple sites.
- Arranged, managed, and problem-solved international shipping preparation of highly sensitive materials.
- Utilized competitive bidding processes for all purchases to comply with GE guidelines, quality specifications, and directives.
Triplefin, LLC – Cincinnati, OH 2003 – 2008
Warehouse Manager 2003 – 2008
Performed full range of warehouse/supply chain management functions supporting Triplefin’s major clients (Procter and Gamble, Merz Pharmaceuticals, Zirh International) using multiple operating systems.
- Coordinated logistics of receiving, storage, and shipping operations, specific to each client and product.
- Managed production/assembly team in marketing piece builds, including using and troubleshooting large-scale shrink-wrap and film-wrap machines.
- Collaborated with account managers on resolution of client-specific issues such as web-site development, product promotion, production of kits, cost effective shipping, and quarantine/disposal.
- Processed international shipments for package and LTL transport. Prepared commercial Invoice, Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin, and Hazardous-Material documentation.
- Developed and Trained associates on RF Processing for receiving, inventory management, and shipping.
- Developed and maintained process for procurement of operational supplies.
- Selected, trained, and coached personnel. Experience with leading Spanish-speaking work force.
- Audited ISO 9001 standard operating procedures.
Sears Industrial Sales – Cincinnati, OH 1995 – 2003
Business Systems Specialist 1999-2003
- Lead Facilitator for implementation to PeopleSoft operating system. Liaison between end-user and programming team. Trained onsite team and developed facility’s user manual.
- Designed and managed system processes for Army Air-Force Exchange Services (AAFES) account. Created and maintained a separate business unit inventory, managed operations in a remote warehouse, and provided customer service to Military Sales Service (MSS) and AAFES representatives.
- Pushed AAFES business to exceed $10M in sales - $2M above 2002 sales plan – with improved shipping efficiency, product availability, and promotions.
Team Leader/Warehouse associate 1995-1999
- Hands-on experience in all facets of warehouse production and supply-chain processes.
- Promoted to Shipping Team Leader in 1997. Supervised and developed 8 associates in daily operations.
- Certified Industrial Vehicle Trainer through Portman Training Center. Responsible for training associates, vehicle inspections, investigating/reporting accidents, and product damage control.
Oracle Procurement Applications
Royal4 OMS/WMS System
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
PRISM Project Management System
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
Associate of Applied Business in Supply Chain Management, Currently enrolled, expected 2016
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
Associate of Applied Business in Project Management, 2015
University of Cincinnati, McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, 1995